NDA Art Critique Message Boards

View, Share, and Critique Art!
It is currently July 24th, 2014, 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Introductions
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 12:57 am 
Magerator

Seeing as there's been a bit of an upswing in introduction threads recently, I figured it would be a good idea to just make a sticky one so the discussion boards don't get overwhelmed with them.

So, if you're new the forums or art or the internet in general, feel free to say hi and tell us a bit about yourself. :)

Post subject: Re: Introductions
PostPosted: November 5th, 2009, 7:21 pm 
Hatchling

Since no one has posted yet, I'll just jump out here and do so. This is going to seem really self centered saying I, I, I. :embarrassed:

Hi everyone! I'm new to everything, pretty much. I've been attempting to draw since I could hold a pencil, but didn't know how. I'm a bit odd. I'm homeschooled. Yes, I'm one of those homeschoolers :geeky: (just kidding, but I am homeschooled) I'm 17 and I act twelve. :-P I'm a bit random and all of my art is a bit odd. I'm the oldest of 9 children(no joke 7 girls, 2 boys), I'm a writer...sorta. I'll hopefully have a book(fantasy :amused:) published by next year. :)

And that was prolly more than anyone cares to know about me, but hey, at least I tried. :)

PostPosted: November 7th, 2009, 10:51 am 

>:3 HAI I need some help on some things...

1. How do I change my icon! I'm having a BIT of trouble with that.

2. Can you add ppl to a friends list? If so, how's it done?

That's all I have. Bye!

PostPosted: November 7th, 2009, 1:55 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Hello dragonjosh. In answer of your questions: In the top right corner of the boards, you will find a list of words, "FAQ", "Search" and so on. Click on "User Control Panel". There, find the tab that says "Profile". When the tab opens you will find the option to edit your avatar. There you can either select a premade avatar or upload one of your own. Be sure to meet the requirements!

You can add friends and foes to your personal usergroups, but I don't use this option at all.

Friends: "Friends enable you quick access to members you communicate with frequently. If the template has relevant support any posts made by a friend may be highlighted."
Foes: "Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

PostPosted: November 7th, 2009, 3:10 pm 
Elder Drake

Since this is the introductions thread, I suppose I will start here ^^

I'm C and I've been drawing for about five or six years now. 83 I mainly draw humans, but recently I've been drawing animals and the like.

About three years ago I do believe, on the first NDA board I reregistered with I went as 'Kumiko-sakara' on the second I went as 'C' and now I'm back once more! It would have been C again but your username has to be atleast three letters long. I wasn't really getting the critque I wanted on DA alone, so I remembered this place and here I am! I don't know if anyone remembers me or not, but I do see some names that I remember. ^^

Random bit: I already have a new favorite smilie: :why:
XD

PostPosted: November 8th, 2009, 9:32 am 
Rojjin-kin

Hello Kumiko, I mean C Bear! xD I remember you, good to see an old forumer back again! ^^

PostPosted: November 8th, 2009, 4:44 pm 
Elder Drake

:O!

Yay! 8D
What was your username back then?

PostPosted: November 9th, 2009, 10:42 am 
Rojjin-kin

A LONG time ago I think it was meganwojo, but otherwise its always been Conundrum ^^ I was never extrememly active on the boards then, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember me xD

PostPosted: November 9th, 2009, 6:28 pm 
Elder Drake

Ahh! I do remember you! ^^

PostPosted: November 14th, 2009, 3:24 am 
Fresh Blood

Guess I should have posted here first.

I am new to drawing and what drew me here was I bought Neon's book on drawing dragons and looked up her website. I love dragons and her book made it so easy to learn to draw. I took the book with me when I went over to the coast of Africa to hunt pirates and learned to draw in my spare time. As soon as I learn how I will scan the drawings I did and put them up for critique. Hope Neon doesn't mind as most of what I have drawn are from her book, not my own originals although some are.
Unlike most of the people I see in the forums, I am much older but you wouldn't know it from most of my conversations.
Not sure what anyone would be interested in knowing about me on here so I will leave it at that. I hope to make some friends with interests in drawing and interests in dragons.
I am not shy so if you would like to ask a question, feel free.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next